The following procedures are here as a reminder for the conditions necessary to receive your full deposit returned.
- Air Conditioner: be sure that a/c intake grill is dust-free and clean on both sides; thermostat must be left thermostat in OFF position
- Baseboards, Window Sills, Doors, Door Frames: thoroughly dusted and washed, no stains
- Bathroom: clean and free of mold, mildew, soap scum or mineral stains; includes toilet, tub, tile, floor, closet, caulking, sink and faucet
- Blinds: cleaned / dust free / washed, with no stains; leave in down and open position
- Cabinets, Drawers: completely empty; clean interior and exterior
- Ceiling Fans / Light Fixtures: clean and dust-free; all light bulbs matching and working
- Dishwasher inside and outside of unit are clean and free from odors or mineral stains; food trap at the bottom of dishwasher cleaned
- Floors: vacuumed and mopped well; for wood floors use warm water and a very small amount of vinegar; rinse well; do not apply floor wax
- Garbage: placed neatly at curb in container for collection
- Porches, Walkways: clean and dust-free, no mold or mildew
- Range: ensure burner pans, under burner pans, oven, broiler, oven door, floor under range and area behind range are all completely clean
- Refrigerator and Freezer: ensure both compartments are completely empty; the interior is washed with baking soda; the exterior, handles, floor underneath, and area behind refrigerator is clean and dust-free; coils on back or bottom of refrigerator dust-free and clean; leave doors closed and unit plugged in
- Windows: cleaned and streak free
- Belongings: ensure removal of ALL personal belongings including hangers, food, canned goods, etc.
- Business Hours: Be sure that moving activities occur during normal waking hours to minimize the disturbance to existing residents.
- Damage Notice: email to report any damage to the premises not previously communicated to landlord
- Keys: be sure to return all keys, including mailbox keys if applicable to Lessor; leave remote garage-door openers on kitchen counter
- Security Deposit: As written in the lease, the last month’s rent must be paid in full. Rental deposits are held in a separate, non-interest-bearing Florida account. Email your new mailing address for the return of your deposit.